Sunday, August 23, 2009

What A Weekend!

Eat, bake, drink... That's all I did this weekend! Makoto was amazing! And, amazingly affordable. I had a whole charcoal grilled croaker for about $15 which came with some charcoal grilled mussel soup, sashimi, miso soup, and some cranberry grand marnier sorbet (it was more like a granita). G had their lunch box for $18 which was a steal if you're looking for an array of delicate Japanese bites. After the wonderful lunch with some friends I spent the whole afternoon baking in preparation for Amy's Sushi Party! It was definitely an awesome idea!! Everyone got their hands dirty and made a roll or two. Too bad I don't have the pictures from the party! I brought some Gougeres, Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes, and Orange Macarons with White Chocolate Campari Ganache. Campari was definitely new to me. It almost tasted like orange rinds. I'm not sure if I'm a fan of it... maybe I should have gone with some grand marnier. But, the sweetness of the white chocolate compensated for the bitterness of the Campari which made it less noticeable.

Today is the day to recuperate from last night. Top Chef + Top Chef Master!









No comments:

Post a Comment