Thursday, April 1, 2010

Chinese Pesto


To continue the Momofuku theme, I've decided to make some Ginger Scallion Noodles. Something about the warm weather and the cherry blossoms blooming gave me motivation to update this blog. I have been so lazy to make any food for myself after coming back from Vegas. My fridge has been without milk for days and I've been spending every minute of my time after coming home from work sitting on my bed with a computer or a novel. Anyway... I first heard about the Ginger Scallion Sauce from bubble7ea and apparently it's quite popular in Hong Kong. It's a lot easier to make than your Basil Pesto since this does not require the use of a food processor, which requires a tremendous amount of time washing it. This took me less than 10 minutes to put it together.



Chopped about 1 to 2 bunches of scallions, about 2-3 inches of ginger and mixed it with some vegetable oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar and salt. Wait about 15 minutes, voila... you have your ginger scallion sauce.





I added the ginger scallion sauce to some ramen noodles, topped with some Hoisin sauce then a fried egg. Anything taste good with a fried egg! And there you have it, a 20 minute meal. Tomorrow when I eat it again, it'll be 5 minutes! Now I get to sit back, relax and enjoy all the tv shows I missed cause I was too busy being lazy!




1 comment: