Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Taste Test: Buitoni Wild Mushroom Agnolotti



I have a strange love for mushrooms. So when I saw the commercial for the Buitoni Wild Mushroom Agnolotti, I really wanted to try it out! I hardly ever buy prepared food in the grocery store since most of it consists a ton of salt, but since making ravioli would take a lot of time and effort, I've decided to try it out and give it a gourmet-ish twist. I give these ravioli a 3.5 out of 5 stars! Not bad at all for a speedy date night meal!

Cream sauce goes perfectly with any mushroom pasta dish, but since I've been watching my weight lately, it was immediately out of the window. And marina sauce is just blah... then I thought, maybe some pesto... but pesto would take a lot of time since I would need to clean the food processor. Finally, I've decided to go with a deconstructed pesto sauce. Keeping all the flavor that goes into Basil pesto without sacrificing time.


Deconstructed Pesto Ravioli

Ingredients:
1 pack of Buitoni Ravioli
1 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 bunch of Sweet Basil
1/4 cup of Leftover White Wine
1/4 cup of Toasted Pine Nuts
Grated Parmesan Cheese

Prepare the ravioli according to the package direction. In the mean time, toast the pine nuts in a saute pan. Remove the pine nuts when it gets golden brown.
Turn the stove on to high heat. Add extra virgin olive oil to the pan and add in the basil leaves. Let the basil wilt a little then add in the white wine and let it simmer for a minute. A pinch of salt and pepper, then add the cooked ravioli in. Stir and coat the ravioli with the sauce. Add in the toasted pine nuts and turn off the heat.
Grate Parmesan cheese to serve.




1 comment:

  1. i have a package in my fridge that i haven't done anything with..i will steal your delicious recipe :)

    ReplyDelete