Sunday, May 2, 2010

Eating Out: Michel Richard Citronelle



I visited 'The' Michel Richard Citronelle for a friend's birthday dinner last week. At first, I was hesitant to go cause of the price, but I was pretty glad I went. It certainly lived up to its rave reviews on yelp. And quite honestly, I've probably had the most delicious dish I've ever eaten in my entire life.

I ordered the three course meal. On top of the three course, it came with three amuse-bouches and also a small dessert shooter.

Amuse-Bouche


First Course: Lobster "Begula" Pasta

This was probably the best thing I've ever eaten in my life. I would totally go back just to eat this. Luckily I found a recipe online for this dish. I will try and imitate it one day, but I highly doubt it will taste half as good as the ones from Citronelle. Funny thing was, when this dish came out... I thought it was the Caviar Penguin that had a +75 next to the dish. I almost had a heart attack. When I touched the metal container and realized it was hot and the ice surrounding the metal was fake, I had a huge relief! The black circular balls are Israeli couscous coated with squid ink. In the bottom there's lobster meat, poached egg, and hollandaise sauce. This was phenomenal!




Second Course: Chateaubriand, Tater Tots, Mushrooms, Horseradish Veal Jus

This was just an okay dish. I definitely enjoyed the combination of the different wild mushrooms, but I really thought that Chateaubriand would melt in your mouth like that aged filet mignon that I got from whole foods for Thanksgiving. But, overall it was a satisfying but not as spectacular dish.


Caramel Foam topped with Pineapples and Rice Crispies



Third Course: Chocolate Degustation

A sizable portion of dessert. My favorite was the little balls on top of what I believe is a cheesecake of some sort. Those crunchy chocolate toppings should really come in a big bag so I can munch on them during work.



I would definitely recommend this place... maybe for some special occasions! The service was awesome and portions were generous. I really thought that I was going to come home hungry, but instead I was extremely stuffed. The room had a nice ambiance as well. The coolest part is that you can see through the kitchen and see all the chefs working on those amazing dishes. I give this a 4/5 stars. That one missing star goes to the just 'blah' Chateaubriand dish.





No comments:

Post a Comment