Sunday, May 30, 2010

Eating Out: Makoto

258

Japanese food tops one of my favorite cuisines in the world. I especially love the traditional multi-course dinners. An array of seasonal food items prepared using multiple ways of cooking techniques which allows diners to experience a variety of textures and flavor. I took my mom and sister to Makoto celebrating my sister’s graduation and my mom’s visit. We all had the 10 course meal. It was $60 and the food was delicious and well prepared! It was not a full blown Kaiseki Ryori 懷石料理 but it had most of the components that makes up Kaiseki. I give it a 4.5/5 stars!!

course #1 : Grilled Mussels w/ Wine 

260

course #2 : Left – some kind of raw fish mixed with fish roe. Right – Fish cake

second course

course #3 : Sashimi

275 

course #4 : Fried Soft Shell Crab

284

course #5 : Steamed Scallop, Shrimp and Shiitake Mushroom w/ Umeboshi (plum) sauce

course five

course #6 : Left – Shrimp and Avocado w/ Spicy Miso Sauce. Middle – Crab Salad. Right – Grilled Eggplant with Chive flowers.

course six

course #7 : Nigiri

301 

course #8 : Filet with Mushroom Sauce

322

course #9 : Soba in Citrusy Broth with Seasonal Vegetables

324

course #10 : Grape and Grand Marnier Granita

340

2 comments: